I want to let you know about an upcoming series for our teenagers, which I believe is going to be life changing for those involved. The series begins tomorrow night, and it is based on the movie To Save A Life. The movie is about the real-life challenges of teens and their choices, and it can help raise awareness of what students go through. We will start by watching the movie with the students at FUEL. Because of the length of the film we will break it up into 2 parts. (Part 1 we will watch tomorrow & Part 2 will be the following week.)
In the To Save A Life series, we will deal with hard but very real issues like social acceptance, cutting, teen suicide, depression, and being Jesus’ hands and feet in a hurting world. Even though these are difficult topics, over the next few weeks the series will help your son or daughter become equipped to reach out to the hurting and lonely on their campuses and truly make a difference in their world. We hope you will ask your teen about their experiences each week, and be ready to listen to what they’re learning and how they’re being challenged.
- 2/19/14 - Part 1 - To Save a Life Movie
- 2/26/14 - Part 2 - To Save a Life Movie
- 3/5/14 - Session 1 - "Lowering the Waterline" - If we are going to love the hurting and lonely, then we first need to know how much God loves us.
- 3/12/14 - Session 2 - "You're Not Alone" - We need to notice and respond to hurting and lonely peers in our sphere of influence.
- 3/19/14 - Session 3 - "Say Something...Do Something" - We not only want to know about hurting and lonely peers, but to serve them and be "Jesus' hands and feet" to them.
- 3/26/14 - Spring Break - No FUEL
- 4/ 2/14 - Session 4 - "What's Your Logline?" - We want to meet our peers in their hurt and to help others rewrite their stories based on how God sees them.
- 4/9/14 - Session 5 - "How To Save a Life" - God can actually use our small acts of service for the hurting and lonely to save people's lives and change the world.
- 4/16/14 - Session 6 - "AGAPE FEAST" - We'll celebrate together with a huge potluck dinner like the early church!
- 4/23/14 - Session 7 - "Stepping Into the Bigger Picture" - We will learn to reach out to the hurting and lonely in community.
Thanks so much,